11.22.6 – Comcast is seeking a candidate that will be responsible for development, implementation and coordination of all federal regulatory programs and practices throughout area(s) of responsibility; develops and implements regulatory strategies, monitors regulatory developments, and coordinates federal regulatory advocacy; directly supervises one or more management and/or senior management employees; and participates with other top leaders to establish division/group/company-wide processes.
• Develop and execute regulatory strategy with respect to priority issues for the company at the FCC, NTIA, FTC and other relevant agencies. Meet regularly with business representatives, Legal and Policy teams, and outside counsel to ensure regulatory policy alignment with short-term and long-term business initiatives.
• Provide strategic counsel and advise business on a regular basis of developments in relevant federal regulatory proceedings and develop strategies, with business input, to achieve positive policy results.
• Manage external legal resources for relevant issues and proceedings. Provide outside counsel insight into business priorities and develop regulatory advocacy to support them.
• Coordinate with other Government Affairs teams to develop and execute strategies in support of federal priority regulatory initiatives. Advise on implications of state and federal legislation and state regulatory proposals on federal regulatory proceedings and advocacy.
Professional experience and qualifications:
• Advanced degree, 20+ years of government preferred, legal or public policy experience. Wide-ranging substantive expertise in issues affecting the communications, tech, and media sectors strongly preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to write and speak clearly and persuasively to a variety of audiences is essential.
• Proven ability to collaborate with diverse, cross-functional teams to execute complex projects.
• Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines with consistently high-quality work product.
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree
• 15+ years