Vice President, Policy & Advocacy – USTelecom – The Broadband Association is the leading voice of and advocate for the broadband innovation industry. The Vice President, Policy and Advocacy will join a team that leads the association’s advocacy efforts before the Executive Branch, regulatory agencies, courts, and other government entities. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, an excellent writer, well-organized and flexible with an ability to simultaneously work on a variety of complex policy matters. They will regularly engage with our members, partners, policymakers, and other stakeholders to advance USTelecom’s mission, agenda, visibility, leadership, and growth.
- Implement a focused strategic advocacy plan for priority issues critical to our members’ business interests.
- Coordinate and lead regular in-person and video conference meetings of USTelecom members.
- Draft regulatory pleadings before federal agencies.
- Represent the association in meetings with policymakers and external organizations.
- Raise the industry’s and association’s presence, impact, and thought leadership through active participation in industry events.
- Develop litigation strategies in consultation with counsel.
- Collaborate closely across teams within the association, with our members, and with external stakeholders to maximize USTelecom’s impact.
- 6+ years of experience in the legal profession and/or in relevant policy roles.
- Experience working on issues relevant to the broadband/internet/technology community.
- Knowledge and experience related to wireline policy and legal issues desired.
- Knowledge of federal communications law, regulatory process, and agency workings.
- Prior government experience related to communications/technology policy desired, but not required.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- Commitment to the association’s values of respect, inclusivity, and equity in the workplace and beyond.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- J.D. or other advanced degree preferred.
USTelecom is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to inclusive hiring, advancement, and professional development. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
USTelecom offers a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, a collaborative, team-oriented hybrid work environment, and a Metro-accessible location in Washington DC. Interested candidates may submit a resume, writing sample, and cover letter via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Vice President, Policy & Advocacy” in the subject line.