5.22.8 – NCTA seeks a Vice President and Associate General Counsel who will provide legal support for the Association and member companies in rulemaking and other proceedings before government agencies and courts.
• Drafts/reviews comments for federal agency proceeding; drafts/reviews documents for filing in various court cases.
• Advocates cable industry positions before the FTC, FCC and other government bodies.
• Responsible for issues as assigned but currently expected to include competition policy, cybersecurity and privacy.
• Assists with formulating and coordinating legal and policy positions for the Association and within member companies.
• Serves as internal and member resource on legal and policy issues.
• Drafts blogs and other documents for public release.
• Represents NCTA at industry conferences and other meetings.
• Coordinates with and supervises outside counsel as needed.
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Law degree from an accredited law school
• Active status licensed attorney in any state or District of Columbia
• Substantial experience in law firm doing telecommunications and/or internet-related work, and/or substantial experience at the Federal Trade Commission, Federal Communications Commission, or other relevant federal agency.
• Exemplary written and oral communications skills, including the ability to prepare and deliver information clearly and concisely orally and in writing.
• Excellent analytical skills, including the ability to consider and analyze a broad range of factors and to make decisions.
• Demonstrated ability to deal with confidential/sensitive matters in a discrete and professional manner.
• Proficiency with MS Office.
Send your resume and one-page letter summarizing your interest and salary expectations to email@example.com.