5.22.9 – NCTA – The Internet & Television Association (“NCTA”), seeks a Vice President and Associate General Counsel of Program Network Policy who will support the public policy agenda of NCTA’s program network members.
• Identifies and analyzes proposed regulations and legislation for impact on program network members.
• Communicates with internal and external stakeholders to develop and advocate for public policy positions that affect NCTA program network members, including lobbying on Capitol Hill, before state legislative bodies, and at regulatory agencies.
• Drafts pleadings, talking points, and other documents with focus on impact on program networks.
• Maintains relationships with and communicates NCTA priorities to program network members to increase engagement in the Association’s activities and goals.
• Serves as key liaison with, and provides oversight of, third party groups with which NCTA interacts on behalf of program network members
• Tracks trends in programming business, including advertising, ownership, online video, etc., to help the Department and NCTA understand video market developments that may have policy implications.
• Helps draft and distribute weekly policy update to keep members consistently appraised about ongoing and emerging issues relevant to the membership.
• Law degree from an accredited law school.
• Active status licensed attorney in any state or District of Columbia.
• At least five years of relevant legislative, regulatory, or policy experience.
• Knowledge of content creation and distribution business fundamentals required.
• Knowledge of policy-making process on Capitol Hill and regulatory agencies required.
• Ability to interact with and consult members of the industry at all levels.
• Strong presentation skills; skilled oral and written communicator.
• Ability to write analyses of business and policy issues, as well as talking points for internal and external use.
Send your resume and one-page letter summarizing your interest and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.