2.23.4 – Multicultural Media, Telecom and Internet Council (MMTC). This role will be responsible for monitoring MMTC’s core policy areas of engagement at the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), Federal Trade Commission (FTC), National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA), Capitol Hill, the US Department of Labor (DOL), the Biden White House, and other relevant areas concerning diversity in the media, telecom and tech sectors.
• Develop and file comments across all of MMTC’s focus areas: 1) Technology, Privacy, and Civil Rights in the Digital Age; 2) Broadband Infrastructure, Connectivity, and Digital Inclusion; 3) Media Ownership and Multicultural Content Diversity; 4) Entrepreneurship and Economic Empowerment; 5) Upskilling Tomorrow’s Workforce.
• Develop and maintain relationships and substance ensuring MMTC remains the “go to” organization for technology, media and telecommunications law (TMT), policy issues involving multicultural communities, and antitrust and competition issues from the minority business perspective.
• Monitor Capitol Hill legislation related to the House Energy and Commerce Committee, House Financial Services Committee, Congressional Black Caucus, Congressional Hispanic Caucus, Congressional Asian Caucus and other caucuses related to diversity.
• Serve as a spokesperson on panels and industry events as a subject matter expert.
• Provide direction and insight on the internet access, affordability and literacy within marginalized communities and Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) and Minority Serving Institutions (MSI).
• Social media engagement, proficiency and interest are preferred.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills
• Candidate must be a licensed attorney with 5-10 years of telecommunications and background.
o Must have 3+ years of practicing within a law firm or legal department.
• Prefer 10+ years of telecommunications, technology, regulatory and legislative branch experience.
• Must have knowledge and context of the cross-section of telecommunications, technology and policy issues addressed by MMTC.
• A self-starter who is able to multi-task and effectively manage an intensive external work plan, as well as relationships with a wide range of partners and stakeholders.
• Illustrate performance as a leader and team player who is able to work with flexibility and efficiency in a fast-paced environment.
• Access to key MMTC stakeholders and previous experience and success establishing working relationships is a plus.
• Must be licensed in one of the 50 states or DC.
• Able to maintain confidentiality, sound judgment, integrity and discretion a must.
• Strong knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and other technology platforms.
MMTC is an Equal-Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and seeks a diverse pool of candidates for this position.
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter to Robert Branson at firstname.lastname@example.org.