6.22.3 – JSI is expanding our Regulatory Affairs team to help support our telecom, broadband, video/cable, satellite, and wireless clients to comply with a host of federal and state rules and regulations and navigate the regulatory landscape when challenges arise. JSI clients have successfully pursued the flurry of broadband funding from across the federal government and state broadband offices and are preparing to apply for the $65 billion for broadband-related infrastructure over the next five years as well as all the state broadband funding opportunities.
These positions are open at several locations Austin, TX; Greenbelt, MD; Eagan, MN; remote; and hybrid. Below are some preferred qualities though we expect that candidates may have a mix but not all the following:
• Areas of expertise:
o 2 CFR 200 and 300 (OMB Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards)
o Cybersecurity and/or privacy (GDPR) policy
o Texas Universal Service Fund and state-specific laws and regulations
o Universal Service Fund policy
o Federal and state broadband grants/loans
• Experience working with state public service commissions, the Universal Service Administrative Co., Federal Communications Commission, Rural Utilities Service, National Telecommunications & Information Administration, and other federal agencies.
• Ability to hit the ground running
• Strong analytical skills
• Strong client service skills
• Proficiency in software programs such as Microsoft Office (Outlook, Teams, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat
• Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage and prioritize simultaneous assignments in a fast-paced, dynamic, and high-volume environment
• Excellent written and oral communications skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to work independently based on general guidance and experience and ability to work collaboratively
• Entrepreneurial and team-based mindset
• Program and team management experience
• A great attitude
• BA required; JD preferred but not required
JSI is the leader in consulting and broadband solutions for Rural and Tier II Service Providers. Over the past several years, JSI has expanded its services from compliance and regulatory consulting to business and finance consulting. In addition, with the recent acquisition of two broadband engineering firms, JSI offers engineering, implementation, and managed services of broadband solutions. With billions of dollars of new investments every year and the critical need to extend broadband offerings across the country, the U.S. communications space has been proliferating. JSI is well-positioned to partner with our clients to help them succeed.
About the Regulatory Affairs Department
The Regulatory Affairs Department provides regulatory, legislative, policy, and compliance counsel to JSI departments and JSI clients. Specifically, we provide services in three distinct areas: 1) federal compliance 2) federal advocacy and strategy and 3) state compliance and policy. With decades of staff expertise ranging from state public service commissions, the Federal Communications Commission, and in-house at communications companies, we advise clients, develop strategies, and implement projects for clients on a wide range of issues before both state and federal agencies and departments. We also partner with other JSI departments to identify, assess, and manage state and federal funding projects for clients.
It is an exciting time to be in the communications business, and we are looking for new talent who bring innovative ideas and skillsets to help our clients. Our diverse staff includes accountants, financial experts, lawyers, engineers, writers, entrepreneurs, MBAs, program leaders, and project managers. JSI is growing and expanding into new business lines, and we want you to be a part of our future; if you are passionate about contributing your skills, knowledge, and experience to impact the business directly, we want to talk to you.
For additional information and a full description, visit our career page at www.jsitel.com.