1.21.2 – EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS) headquartered in Englewood, CO, with additional locations world-wide, is a premier global provider of satellite solutions and technology services. Together with its major subsidiaries—EchoStar Satellite Services and Hughes Network Systems— EchoStar offers employees the opportunity to explore the boundaries of what’s possible in the fields of engineering and the business functions transforming this engineering into revenue.
In this position, the Senior Director, Licensing and Coordination will be available for domestic and international fixed satellite licensing, and terrestrial and satellite ITU and domestic coordination for our fixed service satellite fleet. The position is located at the Germantown, MD, headquarters of the company’s principal operating subsidiary, Hughes Network Systems.
Responsibilities for this position include:
• Partner with business units and engineering to develop, manage and implement licensing and coordination plan for the company’s existing service businesses and near-term roadmap
• Draft and review of all applications related to FCC, state and global licenses for same
• Manage and perform required technical analysis for licensing and coordination
• Lead ITU and related spectrum coordination efforts
• Stay current on U.S. and global licensing regimes
• Provide complex licensing advice to internal stakeholders
• Collaborate with internal stakeholders to understand the need for licenses globally and coordination requirements
• Manage outside counsel and consultants to provide support where needed
• Monitor license compliance and work with business teams to implement compliance processes
• Coordinate program management for the Regulatory Team
• Manage all reporting associated with licenses
• Address all licensing enforcement issues
• Manage the company’s position and comments on rulemakings that primarily relate to licensing, such as Part 25 and participate in other relevant proceedings
• Represent the company before FCC and relevant government officials
• BS in Electrical Engineering or related field
• 10-12 years of relevant or specialized regulatory experience at a communications company/major law firm/government agency, preferably in the satellite communications field
• Strong relationships and credibility with government officials and relevant third parties in the United States and globally
• Demonstrated experience developing and successfully advancing global licensing for satellite and other services, and ITU coordination
• Detailed understanding and knowledge of the FCC licensing rules
• Detailed understanding and knowledge of the ITU satellite coordination process
• Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
• MS in Electrical Engineering or related field
EchoStar and its Affiliated Companies are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. U.S. Citizenship is required for certain positions. EEO is the law.
Interested applicants should apply online at: https://echostar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/echostar/job/MD-Germantown/Senior-Director—Satellite-Licensing-and-Coordination_R0002170-1