Manager, Government and Regulatory Affairs – The Manager performs professional-level work in the development, coordination and implementation of Cox Media Group’s (“CMG”) government affairs and regulatory compliance programs, working closely with and reporting to CMG’s SVP & Associate General Counsel – Law & Policy. The Manager has a key role in the oversight of the company’s FCC compliance program, interfacing extensively with those at the station level responsible for key compliance areas such as political advertising and public file maintenance, and coordinating with outside counsel resources for compliance support. The Manager will also facilitate CMG’s government and external affairs strategies, monitoring FCC and Congressional activity important to CMG, and distilling information for presentation to internal stakeholders and external audiences.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 3+ years of regulatory or similar compliance experience, preferably in an FCC regulated business environment or a firm or agency with FCC regulated clients
- Corporate compliance and Government relations experience preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of products, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong consultative and solution-oriented mindset, treating clients and business partners as preferred customers
- Excellent attention to detail, with the ability to issue spot, and strong organizational skill.
- Ability to navigate complex, fast-paced organizations, and develop and maintain strong working relations with diverse group of clients and business partners
- Ability to manage ambiguity, risk and changing direction of projects and strategies in high pressure situations that require sound decision making and may involve confidential or sensitive matters
- Strong professional writing and verbal communication skills
- Project Management experience a plus
- Independent worker and analytical thinker with the ability to identify problems, conduct research and recommend strategies to meet policy objectives
- Demonstrate critical thinking capacity as well as the ability to properly exercise judgment and discretion in matters of significance
- Maturity, professionalism, and a high level of integrity, accountability, and sense of discernment
- Collaborative and team oriented with demonstrated influencing skills and the ability to negotiate for the overall best outcome
How to Apply: https://careers.cmg.com/job-invite/738/