9.21.3 – This is an opportunity to work as public policy coordinator contractor in Facebook’s DC office beginning Fall 2021. The team is seeking highly organized, motivated, and detail‐oriented college graduates to work with our Public Policy team. The DC office helps to inform users, the media, partners, employees and other stakeholders about Facebook’s products and business. Working with policymakers at the international, federal, and state levels, the team handles legislative and regulatory matters, participates in domestic and international policy discussions, and leads the company’s interactions with consumer and other non-governmental organizations. Alongside Facebook team members responsible for public policy and strategic communications, public policy coordinators will work on a variety of projects and policy issues with relevance in the US and around the world, ranging from legislative monitoring and policy analysis to content development.
Note: This is a contractor opportunity on Facebook’s DC Policy team and is separate from Internship Programs managed by Facebook’s University Recruiting Team. All Facebook DC Policy coordinators will be hired and employed as contractors through a third-party contingent workforce management company.
• Support Facebook’s public policy and communications activities.
• Monitor and analyze legislation, regulation, and policies related to the company.
• Draft policy related materials including briefings and talking points.
• Research policy areas of interest to the company.
• Support outreach to Government, Congress, non‐profit organizations, and other entities.
• Research and develop policies and communication related to online safety, security, and privacy.
• Partner with senior team members on a wide range of projects.
• Assist in organizing events including training and educational outreach.
• Must have BA (applicable degrees; business, law, political science, public policy, international relations, communications, journalism, or equivalent).
• Ability to commit up to 40 hours per week in our Washington D.C. office
• Must have BA or BS in an applicable degree such as business law, political science, public policy, international relations, communications, journalism, or equivalent.
• Ability to commit up to 40 hours per week in our Washington D.C. office (remote until reopened)
• Previous internship or professional experience in policy, research, communications, or government preferred.
• Demonstrated interest in politics, public policy, and technology.
• Exemplary verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Ability to think, plan, and execute resourcefully.
• Experience in the Internet technology industry is a plus.
• Passion for Facebook and online communication is a must!
If you are interested in the position please contact: DCemail@example.com