5.22.7 – The Computer & Communications Industry Association (CCIA) seeks a full-time attorney to support the Association’s policy advocacy. The Policy Counsel will have responsibilities that include development of law and policy pertaining to privacy, cybersecurity, national security, law enforcement, and emerging technology issues. Full job description is at www.ccianet.org/careers/.
• Work collaboratively with CCIA’s DC and Brussels policy teams to achieve public policy goals in the privacy sphere on behalf of member companies.
• Act as spokesperson for the Association and promote policymaker awareness of member companies’ interests, priorities, and business models.
• Manage and coordinate external advocacy efforts, coalitions, outreach programs, and initiatives in concert with policy objectives.
• Conduct research on consumer privacy, cybersecurity, data privacy, and law enforcement access to data.
• Draft written materials and collateral for internal and external use, to educate, inform and support CCIA’s policy positions, such as legal briefs, research and advocacy papers, reports, memoranda and summaries, and media communications pertaining to the identified subject areas.
Minimum Qualifications: Two to five years of experience in law, advocacy, or public policy pertaining to privacy, security, and emerging technology. Juris Doctor degree required. Applicant must also have demonstrated capacity for independent work, self-starter capacity, and a capability of meeting deadlines and satisfying time-sensitive requests.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
To apply: Please send a resume, cover letter, salary requirements, and two relevant writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org, re: line FCBA Policy Counsel Listing. Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of these positions will be considered and will receive responses.