Member Services Administrator/Receptionist – The Federal Communications Bar Association (FCBA) is seeking a full-time Member Services Administrator/Receptionist. Successful candidate must have experience and proven abilities in delivering high quality support and customer service in a professional office environment; association experience preferred. Candidate will work closely with association members and staff and will also serve as the front office receptionist. Some evening and minimal weekend hours are required to support events, special projects, and activities. The FCBA is a small office with four staff, located two blocks from Metro, with the option to work remotely at least two days a week. Excellent benefits, including health insurance package and 401k plan. Starting salary is $50,000-$55,000 annually, based on experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process membership applications and renewals, maintain the membership database and directory, and assist with activities related to member services, including but not limited to responding to members’ inquiries in a timely manner and providing information about association benefits, products, and services.
- Serve as registrar for association events, including but not limited to setting up events, processing registrations and payments for each event, creating detailed registration lists and queries, and creating name badges for guests.
- Process and track association sponsorships, including but not limited to creating and updating spreadsheets, processing forms in the database, and following up with sponsors to gather guest names and any other information necessary for the success of the event.
- Attend events to check in guests.
- Work closely with the association bookkeeper to ensure accuracy of data entered into the NetForum/Abila database.
- Update portions of the website using WordPress.
- Serve as office receptionist, including answering and transferring all incoming calls, distributing mail, managing the maintenance of all office equipment (excluding computers), and managing incoming emails to the Association’s general email account.
- Assist with additional responsibilities, as needed.
- A minimum of three years of association experience preferred.
- Candidates with NetForum/Abila association management software experience will be given preferential consideration.
- A demonstrated ability to effectively interact with staff and association members, both verbally and in writing.
- Highly organized with the ability to learn quickly, prioritize, and manage multiple projects with high attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required. Strong Microsoft Excel skills a plus.
- Proficiency in using various social media outlets, such as Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn preferred.
To apply, email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.