2.21.1 – EchoStar/Hughes Network Systems (“EchoStar”) is the largest US-satellite broadband operator and one of the largest operators globally, with a fleet of 9 geostationary satellites currently in orbit. We are seeking a legal or engineering intern to join our Regulatory Affairs team in Germantown, Maryland (just outside of Washington, DC) for Summer 2021.
This is a full-time, paid position.
The Regulatory Affairs team at EchoStar is responsible for spectrum and orbital resource management; fleet and ground component coordination and licensing; government advocacy; and international treaty negotiations. The Regulatory Affairs team also supports various internal groups including Sales, Trade Compliance, Engineering, and Operations.
The successful candidate will contribute to the legal, regulatory, technical and advocacy aspects of EchoStar’s regulatory department under the direct supervision of an experienced team of attorneys and engineers. The candidate will have the opportunity to assist on a broad range of legal, policy and technical issues relating to satellite communications and spectrum management, which will include:
– Conducting legal and non-legal research and providing substantive analysis on a variety of topics
– Reviewing and summarizing technical and non-technical contributions for international meetings and domestic regulatory proceedings, as well as legislation, rulemakings
– Assisting in the drafting of pleadings before government agencies
– Process improvement of non-technical and technical databases
– Assisting in the daily management of license and reporting obligations
– Attending industry events and government meetings
Candidates should be entering their 2L or 3L year of Law School or pursuing an engineering or related technical degree and have an interest in telecommunications, space or regulatory law. Candidate must possess strong research, writing, analysis, and organization skills.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume: Greg Coutros, Associate Corporate Counsel, Regulatory Affairs (email@example.com).