1.22.2 – TURN seeks an attorney committed to racial and economic justice to join TURN’s Energy and Climate Team of high-impact regulatory policy advocates. A strong applicant communicates effectively (written and verbal) with all levels throughout the organization and the public, is committed to economic and racial justice, is a proactive and creative problem solver, and collaborates with the team to submit timely regulatory agency filings or complete other work. This is a full-time exempt position that may require occasional after-business hours work to meet legislative or regulatory deadlines.
Top Reasons to Work at TURN:
• 100% employer-paid premium for employee health, dental, and vision and additional benefits for all members of employee family.
• Generous annual leave and retirement contributions
• Competitive salary for nonprofit organizations, commensurate with experience (starting at $115,000).
• TURN qualifies as a nonprofit employer for the Federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program.
• Top notch, dedicated, racially diverse team
• Influence California’s fast-moving energy and climate change issues in a cutting-edge state
• Work with multiple disciplines of TURN professionals and external experts.
• Education: Graduate of an accredited school of law.
• Experience: Three years of legal regulatory before the CPUC or a similar regulatory agency, preferably on energy issues.
• Licensure: Licensed to practice law in California, or willingness to sit for the California Bar Exam within one year.
Resume and cover letter required.