5.22.5 – Cox Enterprises is seeking a talented and dedicated attorney who is interested in technology, telecommunications, automotive and sustainability issues. In the role of Counsel, Regulatory Affairs at Cox Enterprises, you’ll provide regulatory support and represent our interests in front of a variety of federal agencies – with an emphasis on the Federal Communications Commission (FCC).
What You’ll Do:
• You’ll work with other members of the PPO, Cox business personnel and outside consultants, assisting in the development of strategies for defining and implementing the company’s public policy objectives.
• You’ll engage in regular discussions with Cox peers, including occasional visits to our Atlanta HQ and other Cox locations.
• You’ll monitor the FCC, trade press, industry events and other agencies to advise the PPO and Cox business units of developments that may impact key Cox priorities.
• You’ll aid other Cox employees with federal public policy and related legal and technical matters.
• You’ll maintain organization for pending FCC-related work items and assist in managing the company’s regulatory docket.
• You’ll draft and/or review pleadings, legal documents and briefing materials for filing and/or use at the FCC, other federal agencies and Capitol Hill.
• You’ll learn about new issues and have to assess existing regulatory matters.
• A J.D. from an accredited school of law and membership with a state/D.C. bar in good standing (a current third-year law student or recent graduate could start in this role with a J.D. from an accredited school of law while awaiting bar results, which you’ll need to obtain within 1 year of joining us).
• A record of academic achievement and leadership in extracurricular activities.
• Strong communication skills and a keen interest in learning from others.
• An interest in technology and a general understanding of TMT industries; knowledge and direct experience with the FCC or other federal agency is a plus.
• Previous experience either before or after law school will also be considered.