5.22.1 – Crown Castle is the nation’s largest provider of shared communications infrastructure: towers, small cells and fiber. It all works together to meet unprecedented demand—connecting people and communities and transforming the way we do business. Crown Castle is a Fortune 500 company, publicly traded on the S&P 500, and one of the largest Real Estate Investment Trusts in the US, with an enterprise value of ~$100B.
The Attorney or Senior Attorney, Government Relations, will provide concise and practical legal analysis and advice to internal clients regarding municipal and utility infrastructure access and attachment rights, state and federal rules and regulations, and network operations; advocate, negotiate, and educate other attorneys, policymakers, and officials; and work well in a team environment and have experience in matters concerning access to municipal and utility infrastructure and law/rules/regulations concerning the same.
• Analyze, advise, and train internal clients on existing and emerging federal, state, and local issues impacting the deployment of telecommunications facilities in/on municipal and utility infrastructure in public rights-of-way.
• Review and analyze bills, rules, and regulations at the federal, state, and local levels.
• Draft comments on proposed rules and regulations.
• Support select cross-functional projects to improve our policy positions.
• Attend and/or support internal and external meetings designed to address legal or regulatory issues.
• Draft external correspondence.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school
• Attorney’s License. Admitted in state where office is located, or able to gain admission or comply with applicable in-house counsel registration requirements.
• A minimum of four (4) or more years’ experience working in a utility, planning, zoning, land use, or implementation capacity directly for a utility, telecommunications provider, government entity, or in private legal or consulting practice serving such entities; equivalent in a comparable industry or other relevant experience.
• Comfortable presenting complex material at a level appropriate to various audiences.
• Excellent verbal and written communication with an ability to provide sound, clear legal advice to business partners.
• Strong problem-solving skills, judgment, and strategic thinking.
• Ability to analyze problems and propose a course of action.
• Litigation or litigation support experience.
• Telecommunications (including wireless) industry experience.
• Experience working with design and construction teams and/or preparing permit drawings and construction documents.
• Experience presenting and speaking in public and/or before governmental entities.
• Team player able to build effective relationships and operate autonomously with minimal administrative support.
• Ability to work independently, including with remote supervision, and manage multiple time-sensitive projects simultaneously.
• Ability to work with individuals of diverse background, personalities, and opinions.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Working knowledge of MS Office.
Please apply here if interested.