5.23.2 – Freeman Mathis & Gary, LLP is a national litigation firm, with thirty-one offices in seventeen states. We are seeking a highly motivated Associate Attorney to help build out our practice in our Lexington, KY office. The ideal candidate will have 2-4 years of experience in litigation, experience in Labor & Employment Law, a partnership mentality, and excellent communication, research, and writing skills.
· Provide initial analysis and develop case strategy
· Prepare and respond to discovery
· Take and defend depositions, draft motions, and attend hearings
· Explain legal options to clients and bringing possible outcomes or threats to their attention.
· Build relationships with clients
· Juris Doctor degree from an American Bar Association accredited law school.
· Licensed to practice law in the Commonwealth of Kentucky. License to practice law in Indiana or an ability to obtain an Indiana license a plus.
· Ability to negotiate, research, and effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
· Strong critical thinking skills and solid academic background.
· Sense of urgency about problem solving, meeting deadlines, and achieving goals
· Knowledgeable, attentive, and proactive.
· Self-motivated and goal oriented with a track record of meeting billable hours goals.
· Inclined to take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision.
· Detail oriented, organized, and effective.
· Professional and can get along with people; communicates well with staff.
· Computer skills: Microsoft Word and Outlook.
· Experience with iManage and/or OneDrive a plus
What we offer:
· Competitive compensation.
· Opportunity for growth and advancement within the Firm.
· Speaking and writing opportunities.
· Comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision.
· Bar expenses paid by the Firm.
· HSA and FSA plans to help offset taxes for employees and dependents.
· 401K Plan.
· Company provided life insurance up to $150k.
· Company paid long-term disability coverage.
· Year-end bonuses.
· Employee Assistance Program
Freeman Mathis & Gary, LLP (FMG) is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees by maintaining a workplace free of discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. FMG complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws. Employment dependent on successful completion of a background check.
Applicants should send their resume with contact information included to firstname.lastname@example.org.