In summer 2021, the FCBA successfully completed the inaugural term of the Diversity Pipeline Internship program. Nineteen rising second-year law students from groups historically underrepresented in the legal profession and the technology/media/telecommunications (TMT) sector joined D.C.-based employers – including large and mid-size law firms, Fortune 100 companies, major industry associations, and high-profile non-profit advocacy organizations – for paid internship positions.
As we embark on the next cycle of the program, we invite your organization to partner with the FCBA as an Employer Participant and commit to considering highly qualified, diverse 1L law students selected through our program for summer internships. The FCBA’s position at the intersection of law, public policy, and tech uniquely situates the organization to attract and develop diverse law students for long, successful careers in this space. You can help facilitate this by committing to be an Employer Participant of the Diversity Pipeline Program 1L internship program for summer 2022.
To be an Employer Participant, simply complete the Employer Information Form and Terms of Understanding forms at the end of the Employer Packet and send to DiversityPipeline@fcba.org. Here are a few upcoming dates to keep in mind as you make your final decision:
- Friday, October 22, 2021: ANCHOR Employer commitment deadline (allows your organization to be recognized the Pipeline publicity materials)
- Tuesday, October 12, 2021 at 12 PM: Information session for interested employer participants
- Tuesday, October 19 at 5 PM: Information session for interested employer participants
- Friday, November 5, 2021: Final Employer Participant commitment deadline
- Monday, November 1 – Wednesday, December 1, 2021: Student application submission period
We hope you will decide to be a Pipeline Employer Participant and make a commitment by the initial deadline. Together, we can help move the profession and our Bar forward. Please do not hesitate to contact any member of the Diversity Pipeline Program Committee with any questions.