9.20.4 – Facebook is seeking a Public Policy Extern for its Connectivity & Access Policy team to help drive our positions on tech, broadcasting and telecom policy issues in North America.
Candidates should have a strong interest in Internet policy and regulatory issues and experience working cross-functionally. They should also have excellent communications and analytical skills, and share our vision of making the world more open and connected.
This is a full-time paid externship based in our Washington, DC office or at our headquarters in Menlo Park, California.
• Work with the Connectivity and Access Policy team on infra, spectrum, net neutrality, broadcasting, messaging, accessibility, and other telco/media/tech policy issues.
• Assist with drafting policy assessments, identifying risks and opportunities, and providing guidance and support as needed.
• Engage with our trade associations on substantive issues and provide updates to the team.
• Develop briefing documents including policy positions, messaging, and Q&A in advance of new product rollouts.
• Monitor relevant regulatory proceedings and legislations.
• Advanced degree in public policy, law, or related field
• Government and/or international experience
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in this position, please contact: email@example.com