8.19.4 – Facebook is seeking a Public Policy Director for its Connectivity & Access Policy team to help develop and manage our positions on global tech, broadcasting and telecom policy issues.
Candidates should have experience in and knowledge of Internet policy and regulatory issues, including messaging, broadcasting and accessibility issues; experience managing teams; experience working cross-functionally and across different parts of the globe. They should also have excellent communications, analytical skills, and share our vision of making the world more open and connected.
This is a full-time position located in Washington, DC office or at our headquarters in Menlo Park, California.
Supervise policy managers responsible for broadcasting, messaging and accessibility policy issues.
- Review policy assessments, identify risks and opportunities, and provide guidance and support as needed.
- Act as liaison as needed between internal business teams and country/regional policy teams.
- Develop briefing documents including policy positions, messaging, and Q&A in advance of new product rollouts.
- Monitor relevant telecom regulatory proceedings globally and draft submissions advocating for policy positions.
- Advocate for connectivity policy positions with external stakeholders.
- Advanced degree in public policy, law, or related field
- 12+ years of policy or legal experience in the telecommunications and tech industry
- Management experience
- Government and/or international experience
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to apply: https://www.facebook.com/careers/jobs/2526733817553861/