7.19.5 – EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS) headquartered in Englewood, CO, with additional locations world-wide, is a premier global provider of satellite solutions and technology services. Together with its major subsidiaries—EchoStar Satellite Services and Hughes Network Systems— EchoStar offers employees the opportunity to explore the boundaries of what’s possible in the fields of engineering and the business functions transforming this engineering into revenue.
In this position, this person will have significant responsibility for regulatory engineering and policy issues for the company. This person will be working with key executives in the company to advance the company’s regulatory positions before national regulators and international bodies including the FCC and the ITU.
- Provide technical support in licensing and regulatory proceedings.
- Carry out technical analysis related to satellite, earth station and terrestrial coordination and lead negotiations.
- Carry out technical analysis for the assessment of interference and spectrum sharing scenarios.
- Represent company in ITU and CITEL meetings, including preparing technical documents supporting company positions.
- Draft technical papers and analysis for submission to national regulatory and international bodies.
- Develop technical arguments to assist in the advocacy of company positions before national regulatory and international bodies.
- Design and implement simple tools for the consultation of ITU satellite databases.
- Assist with tracking, preparing summaries of relevant proceedings/bills.
- BS in Engineering or equivalent degree with 7+ years of experience in Regulatory Engineering
- Post Graduate Degree
- Excellent writing and analytical skills
- Intermediate to advanced skills with MS office suite (particularly Excel and Access)
- Experience in:
- RF engineering,
- International and domestic regulatory proceedings
- The Standards process