3.19.5 – T-Mobile USA, Inc. is interviewing candidates for a paid summer internship position in its Government Affairs Department in Washington, DC.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducting legal research and writing, drafting presentations to be used internally and in meetings with federal agencies, and preparation of correspondence and legal documents.
- Attending government hearings, industry association meetings, and telecommunications seminars and preparing summaries and analyses.
- Working with members in the federal and state regulatory and legislative groups on various telecommunications topics, including (among others): spectrum regulation, infrastructure reform, consumer and public safety issues, cybersecurity, content regulation, net neutrality, privacy, and universal service.
Functional and Technical Skills:
- Excellent research skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to be a team player.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and innovative work environment.
- Excellent decision making and problem-solving skills.
- High attention to detail and ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Strong working knowledge of PC and Microsoft Office Suite applications (in particular PowerPoint and Excel).
- Familiarity with FCC licensing and other research databases preferred but not required.
Experience and Education:
- Intern must be currently obtaining a JD law degree (2nd Year JD candidates preferred).
- Demonstrated interest in and prior experience with telecommunications law and policy preferred.
- Accounting and Finance classes are a plus.
- Knowledge of the wireless industry is desirable.
To apply, please send a cover letter, transcript, and writing sample to Kerry Loughney, firstname.lastname@example.org.