9.19.5 – NPR seeks an attorney with 4 to 8 years of experience supporting FCC regulatory advocacy and compliance; reviewing, drafting, and negotiating commercial contracts; and assisting with day-to-day corporate governance. The successful candidate will support internal clients focused on public policy advocacy, news and programming content creation and distribution, and corporate sponsorship. The lawyer who joins our team will help a mission-driven organization embrace business opportunities while managing risk and ensuring compliance with NPR’s legal obligations.
- Supporting FCC regulatory and legislative advocacy and compliance, including by analyzing regulatory and legislative proposals, preparing internal memoranda, developing strategic options, and drafting agency comments and administrative pleadings, proposed statutory language, and legislative report language, with a primary focus on federal communications law;
- Drafting, reviewing, and negotiating commercial contracts;
- Preparing board meeting agendas, minutes, resolutions, and other materials, and providing advice on corporate governance matters; and
- Advising business and legal colleagues on a broad range of other subjects, including as appropriate, nonprofit tax law, copyright law, media law, privacy and data security, and communications law.
- At least 4 years of relevant experience
- Bar membership in good standing in the District of Columbia, or eligibility to waive into the DC Bar
- Experience with regulatory and legislative advocacy efforts, including drafting agency comments, is required
- Experience drafting, reviewing, and negotiating agreements is required
- Familiarity with media and copyright law is highly desirable
- Experience representing tax-exempt organizations is a plus
To be considered for the position, you must provide a resume and a cover letter that explains how your professional experience relates to the qualifications and anticipated responsibilities for the position. Apply directly to our website: https://recruiting.ultipro.com/NAT1011NATPR/JobBoard/af823b19-a43b-4cda-b6c2-c06508d84cf6/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=cec16a0a-999b-47a6-b1ce-bbc61e0ee5c2. Applications for the position will be considered on a rolling basis beginning no later than September 3, 2019. NPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer.