Arlington (Rosslyn), VA-based technology policy consulting firm is seeking candidates who have completed or will soon complete graduate-level degree programs in law, journalism or public policy for a full-time position. The firm provides research and strategic consulting services to both government and private-sector clients on a diverse portfolio of domestic and international policy issues in the areas of wireless radio spectrum, internet governance, public safety, space and satellite regulations, legislation and national security policy.
An ideal applicant would have 1-3 years of relevant work experience and related academic coursework and a demonstrated interest in technology or communications regulations, policy, or business. Candidates must be eligible to hold U.S. security clearances. U.S. military service or national security experience is a plus. The firm is seeking an individual who can dive deeply and think critically on a wide range of complex matters and craft written work that communicates on these matters effectively. Candidates must be detail-oriented, analytical, well-organized, and able to meet deadlines working on individual or team projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Write original industry or policy reports.
- Provide research support (e.g., reviewing and analyzing, regulatory filings, identifying/tracking technology trends, fact checking, etc.).
- Monitor news coverage and research on specific subject areas.
- Track, assess and summarize legislation/Congressional hearings and policy events.
- Knowledge of US Military, State Department, Congress or public affairs.
- Demonstrated interest in technology/communications and public policy.
- US Citizen; must be eligible for TS/SCI security clearance.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent research, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Highly proactive and flexible, with an ability to work on multiple projects.
- Proficiency with office productivity software such as Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Work experience in engineering, IT/high-tech, or communications is highly desirable.
- Electrical engineering background with a strong interest in policy also a plus.
Resumes and cover letters should be emailed to:
Senior Counsel and Executive Director
Freedom Technologies, Inc.