8.19.1 – EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS) headquartered in Englewood, CO, with additional locations world-wide, is a premier global provider of satellite solutions and technology services. Together with its major subsidiaries—EchoStar Satellite Services and Hughes Network Systems—EchoStar offers employees the opportunity to explore the boundaries of what’s possible in the fields of engineering and the business functions transforming this engineering into revenue.
Echostar Corporation is seeking to hire an Associate Corporate Counsel for their Regulatory Affairs team in their Germantown, Maryland offices.
The Associate Corporate Counsel will contribute to the regulatory, legal, and advocacy efforts of the Regulatory Affairs team, with primary responsibilities including:
- Monitoring and analyzing Governmental initiatives and proceedings to inform the company on matters being considered by U.S. federal regulatory agencies (e.g., FCC, NTIA, OSC, State, RUS) and the Executive Branch, the Hill, state agencies and foreign governments including licensing, universal service, policy and spectrum issues;
- Drafting pleadings and position papers;
- Developing strategies for filings, engagement and advocacy with the FCC and regulatory agencies and departments domestically and internationally;
- Actively participating in trade associations including SIA, GVF, ESOA and TIA;
- Representing the company before Federal agencies, foreign governments, at industry events, and other venues;
- Managing engagement with external consultants and counsel;
- Participating in international organizations including the ITU, WTO and OECD.
- Candidates must have a J.D. with 1-2 years of experience.
- Possess strong writing, research, communications, and organization skills.
- Experience at the FCC and/or a law firm.
- Experience with wireless, international, satellite, and/or spectrum issues.