2.19.1 – Universal Service Administrative Co. is currently seeking two experienced, dynamic and collaborative professionals to serve as Assistant General Counsel within our General Counsel team. Reporting to the Deputy General Counsel you will:
- Serve as counsel in general corporate governance and commercial transactions, including technology licensing transactions, procurements, contract management and litigation, and provide administrative law on FCC rules and regulations and bankruptcy.
- Provide counsel on the administration of the USF programs (e.g., Rural Health Care), including identifying and analyzing novel issues and promoting measures to ensure program integrity and program success.
- Identify and anticipate potential legal issues and propose solutions to complex situations raising difficult legal and operational concerns.
- Work on corporate law related matters (e.g., litigation, contracts, procurement, intellectual property, and bankruptcy).
- Interact and engage with FCC staff on numerous matters, including contracts, audits, enforcement and programmatic issues.
- Other specific duties as assigned
The successful candidate will excel, operating in a diverse and fluid environment, and will be crucial for the success Division.
- You possess a Juris Doctorate from an accredited college or university and are licensed to practice law in Maryland, Virginia and/or DC.
- You have 3 to 4 years performing duties similar to those listed above.
- You have the ability to exercise sound legal and business judgment with
strong follow up skills.
- You have excellent oral and written communications skills, including the ability to prepare and deliver information concisely.
- You have strong analytical and legal research skills.
- You have 3 or more years of general legal experience, including contracts, corporate governance and administrative law.
The following is desired:
- You have experience with telecommunications law.
- You have experience with the federal Universal Service Fund Programs (i.e., Schools and Libraries, Rural Health Care, High Cost and Lifeline).
- You have experience with working with a Board of Directors.
Candidates should click here to apply to the position.