2.18.3 – Altice USA is hiring a Senior Counsel to lead on the federal regulatory and legislative issues that impact the company’s wireline and wireless communications services, data advertising businesses, content services, and general corporate business issues.
The Senior Counsel has significant experience with federal regulatory and legislative issues, including legal analysis of the policy proposals as well as interpretation of the impact on businesses of such policies being considered. S/he focuses on federal matters, and state / local issues, especially related to wireless technologies.
The Senior Counsel engages across all levels of the organization to understand the impact of proposed regulations on the business and identify opportunities to support business objectives.
- Work closely with various business units, assess and develop recommendations around the legal/regulatory and policy implications for the Company’s MVNO initiative.
- Analyze federal regulatory and legislative policy proposals. Develop amendments/modifications to advance the business interests in such proposals. Work closely with Government Affairs team members and other departments such as Legal and relevant business units.
- Coordinate with industry counterparts to understand industry positions on relevant regulatory and legislative proposals to provide strategic guidance to the Company on the potential for regulatory and legislative proposals to advance.
- Develop and execute strategic advocacy plans to advance and protect the company’s interests in the federal regulatory and legislative arenas, including before the FCC, NTIA, FTC, Congress, and the Administration as necessary.
- Develop strong relationships with key business partners to understand business plans for wireline/wireless network expansion, video/broadband/voice businesses, programming issues, digital advertising, cybersecurity issues, and other business areas.
- Develop strong relationships with key regulatory agencies and congressional personnel, as needed, and with other industry players, including NCTA, other cable companies, and influential third-party groups that are essential to understanding and successfully navigating the federal policy world.
- Ensure business awareness of the federal regulatory and legislative requirements to facilitate compliance.
- JD and admission to a state bar; experience within regulatory and/or legislative policy issues in the communications industry either in government, a law firm and/or as in-house counsel.
- Regulatory/legislative analytical and drafting skills and strong ability to efficiently explain policy issues in written communication.
- Ability to analyze complex business and legal issues (including relevant contract, IP and licensing issues) and problem solve.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability on a team and drive a large group process to conclusion.
Please send resumes to Kerry Loughney at email@example.com.