6:00 – 6:05 p.m. Welcome and Introductions
6:05 – 7:05 p.m. Ethical Strategies for Dealing with the Difficult Client
The panelists will discuss ethical issues you should consider when various types of difficult clients. The following topics will be discussed:
- Applicable rules of professional responsibility when dealing with difficult clients.
- Strategies for dealing with the unrealistic/unreasonable client.
- Strategies for dealing with the client engaging in self-help.
- Strategies for the dealing with the unresponsive or belated client.
- Dealing with difficult non-client third parties.
7:05 – 7:15 p.m. Break
7:15 – 8:15 p.m. Ethical Considerations for Current and Former Government Attorneys and Officials
The panel of experts will discuss the ethical considerations for attorneys acting on behalf of the government. The experts will discuss their experiences both as government officials and private attorneys. The following topics will be discussed:
- Ethical consideration faced by the panelists during their times as government officials.
- Government officer pledges including particular administrations’ pledges.
- Imputation of conflicts and ethical screens for government officials moving into private practice.
- Ethical rules for appearing in front and making representations to government attorneys.
Anna Gomez, Wiley Rein LLP and former Deputy Assistant Secretary for Communications and Information for the National Telecommunications and Information Administration of the U.S. Department of Commerce
Jonathan Adelstein, President & CEO of the Wireless Infrastructure Association (WIA) and former Commissioner of the Federal Communications Commission
Lauren Synder, Harris, Wiltshire & Grannis, LLP
Deepika Ravi, Harris, Wiltshire & Grannis LLP
Register Online Download Registration Form